How to Create a Sign-In ID for your Nintendo Account
In this article, you'll learn how to create a Sign-In ID to use when signing in to your Nintendo Account.
Note: You may also find our information on Changing Your Nintendo Account Sign-In Method Preference helpful.
Complete these steps
- Go to the Nintendo Account website and sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Select Sign-In and Security Settings then scroll down to the Change Sign-In ID section and select Edit.
- Enter your current Nintendo Account password and select OK.
- Enter your desired Sign-In ID and click Save Settings, then select OK.
- When setting or changing your Sign-In ID, please enter an ID that will be both easy to remember and unique and not something others will guess.
- The Sign-In ID must be at least 6 characters long.
- You can change your Sign-In ID at any time.
- Sign-In IDs are not displayed publicly, and have no purpose in games.
- After setting your Sign-In ID, we also recommend setting your Nintendo Account Sign-In Method Preference to "Sign-In ID only".