How to Create a Nintendo Account
Step by step instructions on creating a Nintendo Account.
The ability to use a Nintendo Network ID, Facebook, or Twitter to sign in to an existing Nintendo Account or to create a new Nintendo Account has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you are having difficulties signing in to your Nintendo Account and previously used one of these services, please refer to the following:
- Unable to Sign In to Nintendo Account Using Nintendo Network ID.
- Unable to Sign In to Nintendo Account Using Facebook or Twitter.
A Nintendo Account is an account that is required for using certain services from Nintendo, such as off-device software purchases and the My Nintendo rewards programme. Your Nintendo Account can be linked to other accounts, such as your Google or Apple accounts (a Nintendo Account for a child cannot be linked).
- Only users age 16 or older can create their own Nintendo Account.
- Accounts for children under age 16 can be added to a Nintendo Account family group by their parent/guardian.
Complete These Steps:
Is the person that will be using the account aged 16 or older?
- Go to http://accounts.nintendo.com and click "Sign in / Create account."
- Click "Create a Nintendo Account."
- Select the sign-in method you want to use.
- If using a Nintendo app running on an iOS device (such as an iPhone or iPad), you will only be able to create a Nintendo Account by registering an email address and password. You can still link Apple or Google accounts after you create a Nintendo Account, or you can create a Nintendo Account using Safari or any other web browser.
What sign-in information would you like to use?
- If you would like to create a Nintendo Account without using a social media account, scroll down to the account information fields towards the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have created a Nintendo Account, you will always have the option to link an NNID or social media service later.
- Enter the following information into the fields:
- Nickname - 10 characters or less
- Email address - Your email address can be tied to one Nintendo Account only.
- Password - Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and include a combination of characters from 2 of the following categories: letters, numbers, and punctuation.
- Date of birth
- Gender (Optional)
- Country/region of residence
- Time zone
- If you receive a message that you are not eligible to create an account, please click here.
- A verification code will be sent to the email address you provided. When you receive the e-mail, enter the code into the "Verification code" field and click "Verify."
- Your verification code should arrive within a few minutes, and expires one hour from when it was sent.
- If it has been over one hour since you requested the verification code but you have not received an email, make sure that you are entering your email address correctly in the account creation screen, and click "resend verification code" to have a new verification code sent.
- You're done! You can now use your Nintendo Account to participate in various online services, such as the My Nintendo loyalty program.
- Go to http://accounts.nintendo.com and click “Sign in / Create account.”
- Click “Create a Nintendo Account.”
- Fill in the required information, then click “Submit.”
- You will be redirected to a page requesting your parent / guardian’s email address.
- Have your parent / guardian enter their email address into the appropriate field and click “Submit.”
- An email will be sent to the parent / guardian’s email address that explains how to set up their own Nintendo Account. Once they have created their Nintendo Account, they can create an account for you.