How to Create a Nintendo Account
Step by step instructions on creating a Nintendo Account.
- A Nintendo Account is required to use certain services from Nintendo, such as off-device game purchases and the My Nintendo loyalty program.
- Users aged 16 or older can create a Nintendo Account.
- Nintendo Account users aged 18 and older can create and add up to five Nintendo Accounts for children (aged 17 and under) to their Nintendo Account.
- Users aged 15 and under cannot create a Nintendo Account. They can only be created within an existing parent / guardian’s Nintendo Account.
- A Nintendo Account can be linked to your Nintendo Network ID, Facebook, Twitter, Apple or Google accounts. (Only users aged 16 and older can link to social media accounts.)
Complete These Steps:
Is the person that will be using the account aged 16 or older?
- Go to http://accounts.nintendo.com and click "Sign in / Create account."
- Click "Create a Nintendo Account."
- Select the sign-in method you want to use.
- If using a Nintendo app running on an iOS device (such as an iPhone or iPad), you will only be able to create a Nintendo Account by registering an email address and password. You can still link Apple, Facebook, Google, or Twitter accounts after you create a Nintendo Account, or you can create a Nintendo Account using Safari or any other web browser.
What sign-in information would you like to use?
- If you would like to create a Nintendo Account without using a social media account, scroll down to the account information fields towards the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have created a Nintendo Account, you will always have the option to link an NNID or social media service later.
- Enter the following information into the fields:
- Nickname - 10 characters or less
- Email address - Your email address can be tied to one Nintendo Account only.
- Password - Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and include a combination of characters from 2 of the following categories: letters, numbers, and punctuation.
- Date of birth
- Gender (Optional)
- Country/region of residence
- Time zone
- If you receive a message that you are not eligible to create an account, please click here.
- A verification code will be sent to the email address you provided. When you receive the e-mail, enter the code into the "Verification code" field and click "Verify."
- Your verification code should arrive within a few minutes, and expires one hour from when it was sent.
- If it has been over one hour since you requested the verification code but you have not received an email, make sure that you are entering your email address correctly in the account creation screen, and click "resend verification code" to have a new verification code sent.
- You're done! You can now use your Nintendo Account to participate in various online services, such as the My Nintendo loyalty program.
- Go to http://accounts.nintendo.com and click “Sign in / Create account.”
- Click “Create a Nintendo Account.”
- Fill in the required information, then click “Submit.”
- You will be redirected to a page requesting your parent / guardian’s email address.
- Have your parent / guardian enter their email address into the appropriate field and click “Submit.”
- An email will be sent to the parent / guardian’s email address that explains how to set up their own Nintendo Account. Once they have created their Nintendo Account, they can create an account for you.