How to Combine Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID Funds
Instructions on combining the fund balance between a Nintendo Account and a Nintendo Network ID (NNID) for the Nintendo eShop.
- Once the balances are combined, they can’t be separated.
- If you unlink an NNID after combining funds, the funds will remain with the Nintendo Account. The money will not be accessible through the NNID if it is unlinked from the Nintendo Account.
- Merging the funds between a Nintendo Account and NNID will allow you to share your Nintendo eShop balance between your Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS family systems, and the Nintendo website.
- Once the funds are combined, the balance will be shared for as long as the NNID and Nintendo Account are linked together. Adding funds on one system will automatically make the money available to the others.
- This is optional for on-device purchases. You can also keep your Nintendo Account and Nintendo Network ID balances separate if you’d prefer.
Complete These Steps:
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account using a PC or smart device.
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information.
- Select “Merge Funds from Nintendo 3DS/Wii U.”
- If this option doesn’t appear, it means that the NNID currently linked to your Nintendo Account has already been merged to your account.
- Read through the information, then select “Merge Funds.”
- If you see “Next” instead of “Merge Funds,” you don’t currently have an NNID linked to your Nintendo Account. You will need to link an NNID, then try again.
- Enter your Nintendo Account password, then select “OK”
- The current balances from your Nintendo Account and NNID will appear. Select “Merge Funds” to combine them together.
- Your balances will be merged together. Select “OK” to return to the “Add Funds” menu.