How to Charge the Super NES Controller
In this article, you'll learn how to charge the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controller for use with consoles in the Nintendo Switch family.
- It takes approximately 3½ hours to fully charge a Super NES Controller.
- Once the Super NES Controller is fully charged, the recharge LED beside the USB connector will shut off.
- The Super NES Controller can also be charged by connecting it to a licensed accessory.
Complete these steps
The Super NES Controller can be charged in the following ways:
While connected directly to the Nintendo Switch AC adapter.
Connect the Nintendo Switch AC adapter (model number HAC-002) to the USB connector at the top of the Super NES Controller, and then to a wall outlet.
While connected to the Nintendo Switch dock (Nintendo Switch console only).
- Connect the Nintendo Switch AC adapter to the dock and then to a wall outlet.
- Note: The Nintendo Switch console does not need to be docked in order to charge the Super NES Controller.
- Connect the USB charging cable (model number HAC-010, sold separately) to an available USB port on the dock, then to the USB connector at the top of the Super NES Controller.