How to Change the Parental Controls PIN
Instructions for changing the Parental Controls PIN for a Nintendo Switch console.
Once the Nintendo Switch console has been linked to the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app on a smart device, the PIN can only be changed through the smart device app.
Complete These Steps:
Do you want to use the Nintendo Switch console or your smart device to change the Parental Controls PIN?
- Select “System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight “Parental Controls”, then select “Parental Controls Settings”.
- If you don’t see this option, it means that your system is currently linked to the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, and the PIN must be changed there. (If you don’t have access to the app, and/or you want to unlink the app from your system, click here.)
- Enter the Parental Controls PIN number for the system.
- If you have forgotten the PIN number, it will need to be reset.
- Select “Change PIN”.
- Enter a new 4-8 digit PIN number for the system, then select “OK”.
- Enter the PIN number again to confirm.
- Launch the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app on your iOS or Android device.
- Select “Console Settings” in the upper-right corner.
- If you have more than one Nintendo Switch console linked to the app, tap the (+) icon in the upper-right corner to choose the correct system.
- Select “PIN”.
- In the “Change PIN” section, tap the “New PIN” field.
- Enter the new 4-8 digit PIN that you want to set, then tap the orange check mark on the screen to confirm.
- The new PIN will be set as soon as the Nintendo Switch console connects to the internet.