How to Back Up Save Data
Instructions to back up save data from a Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to utilize the Save Data Cloud service.
- When you become a Nintendo Switch Online member, automatic backup will be enabled for all compatible software. This setting can be adjusted for each game and user.
- Save data files can also be manually backed up from the game's software menu or from System Settings.
- Save data is unique to each user and is not transferable between users.
Complete These Steps:
- To back up save data from the software menu:
- Open the game's software menu and select "Save Data Cloud."
- Select the desired user, then select "Back Up Save Data."
- To back up save data from within System Settings:
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Data Management" > "Save Data Cloud."
- Select the desired user. Tap the software to back up, then select "Back Up Save Data."