How to Adjust Nintendo Account Profile Settings (Country/Region, Email, etc.)
In this article, you'll learn how to update the information associated with your Nintendo Account.
- If you do not want to update your Nintendo Account settings but instead want to delete your account completely, please read our information on deleting a Nintendo Account.
- If you need to update information associated with your Nintendo Network ID (the account created on your Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS system), you may find our steps for changing Nintendo Network ID Information helpful.
What to do
What do you want to update?
- Email address
- Two-Step Verification settings
2-step verification adds an additional layer of security that can help prevent unauthorised access to your account.
To enable 2-step verification for your Nintendo Account, read our information on setting up 2-step verification.
To remove 2-step verification from your Nintendo Account, read our information on removing 2-step verification.
Registering a passkey for your Nintendo Account adds an additional layer of security that can help prevent unauthorised access to the account.
To manage passkey authentication for your Nintendo Account, read our information on adding or removing passkeys.
- Date of birth
You cannot change the date of birth associated with your Nintendo Account. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created your Nintendo Account, please contact us for support.
- Country/region of residence
- Sign-In ID
A Sign-In ID is a name you can use to sign in to your Nintendo Account instead of using your email address. Sign-In IDs are not displayed publicly and have no purpose in games.
To add or change your Sign-In ID, please read our information on using a Sign-In ID.
- Sign-in method
If you have added a Sign-In ID to your Nintendo Account, you have the option to be able to sign in using your Sign-In ID or email address, or your Sign-In ID only.
To select which method to use, please read our information on changing your sign-in method.
- Linked Accounts (Nintendo Network ID, Google, Apple ID)
- Other settings