GameCube Controller or GameCube Controller Adapter is Not Recognised on Nintendo Switch
- The GameCube controller is not registering or is not recognised on a Nintendo Switch console.
- The GameCube Controller Adapter is not working correctly while connected to the Nintendo Switch dock.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- If the console is already up to date, be sure to restart it by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then selecting “Power Options” > “Restart”.
- Unplug the GameCube controller and GameCube Controller Adapter from the Nintendo Switch dock, then plug them back in.
- If a USB hub is being used with the dock, remove it momentarily and ensure that the GameCube Controller Adapter is connected directly to the dock.
- After plugging in the GameCube controller, press the A Button while on the HOME Menu.
- While used with a Nintendo Switch console, the GameCube controller is recognised as a standard USB controller.
- If the issue persists, try the following:
- Use a different port on the GameCube Controller Adapter.
- If available, use a different GameCube controller.
- Verify if a different supported device, such as a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or a Joy-Con charging grip, registers correctly while connected to the USB ports on the dock.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If the GameCube controller works on a different port, it is possible that the GameCube Controller Adapter needs to be replaced.
- If a different GameCube controller works, the original controller will need to be replaced.
- If another GameCube controller is unavailable, but other supported accessories work correctly while connected to the dock, the GameCube controller and GameCube Controller Adapter will need to be replaced.
If your GameCube Controller Adapter or your Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition GameCube controller are not working correctly, please contact us for further support by clicking here.