GameCube Controller Buttons Not Responding on Nintendo Switch
- The GameCube controller can register correctly on a Nintendo Switch console, but one or more buttons are not responding correctly or are not responding at all.
- There is a lag after a button is pressed on the GameCube controller.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- If the console is already up to date, be sure to restart it by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then selecting “Power Options” > “Restart”.
- Unplug the GameCube controller and GameCube Controller Adapter from the Nintendo Switch dock, then plug them back in.
- If a USB hub is being used with the dock, remove it momentarily and ensure that the Game Controller Adapter is connected directly to the dock.
- Perform a button test for the GameCube controller. From the HOME Menu, select “Controllers and Sensors” > “Test Input Devices” > “Test Controller Buttons”.
- If the GameCube controller registers correctly on the console but the button test fails, the controller will need to be replaced.
- If the issue persists, or if it occurs with a specific game, try the following:
- Check for any available software updates.
- Use a different GameCube controller, if available.
Situation Not Resolved
If a different GameCube controller works, or if another one is unavailable, the original controller will need to be replaced.
If your Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition GameCube controller is not working correctly, please contact us for further support by clicking here.