Software update: February 28th 2018
A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Splatoon 2. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 2.3.0.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Made it more difficult for an issue to occur in which the camera would enter the terrain and the screen would momentarily go blank if the player repeatedly jumped with a wall at their back.
- Fixed an issue in which the player would slow down for a moment when climbing some slopes while submerged.
- Fixed an issue in which, when the sub weapon becomes available while recharging ink while submerged, the animation displayed on the Ink Tank would momentarily be displayed in the center of the stage only on the player’s screen.
- Fixed an issue in which, when the player touched the barrier at the opponents’ starting point, the player would be repelled higher than intended or be able to jump while being repelled.
- Reduced jump power when standing on a sponge that is the opponents’ team color.
- Fixed a rare issue in which an Autobomb would pass through terrain when thrown into a corner.
- Fixed an issue in which sub weapons, clams, or Power Clams would pass through terrain when thrown while clipping into a place where terrain and a fence touch.
- Fixed an issue in which, when aiming at the edge of a Splash Wall or Brella with certain weapons, the reticle would display as if the shot wouldn’t hit, despite the fact that the shot would in fact hit.
- Fixed an issue in which, when a shot was blocked by the barrier at the opponents’ starting point, walls on the other side of the barrier would actually be inked.
- Fixed an issue in which, when a shot was blocked by a Splash Wall or Brella, the animation of the ink or shot disappearing would occur on the other side of the Splash Wall or Brella.
- Fixed a rare issue in which a player would pass through when rolling towards an opponent’s Brella while using a Dualies-type weapon.
- Fixed a rare issue in which, if a player’s Brella is destroyed the moment that it is opened, damage would not be properly dealt to that player’s Brella after that point.
- Fixed an issue in which Brellas could go into the terrain when the player readied a Brella-type weapon and launched it while making contact with a corner of terrain.
- Fixed an issue in which Sprinklers could not deal damage when placed partly inside of terrain.
- Fixed an issue in which, when a player used Sprinklers in such a way that two land simultaneously, both Sprinklers would be active.
- Fixed an issue in which ink from an Inkjet would not color the floor when the Inkjet was used in a place with a low ceiling.
- Fixed an issue in which, when shots from Tenta Missles were firing on a place with a ceiling, the animation indicating where Tenta Missles would land would be shown for a moment on the ceiling.
- Fixed an issue in which the Sting Ray would not ink the ground when fired towards the barrier of the opponents’ starting area.
- Fixed an issue in which the player would go into the terrain if the player activated the Splashdown while near the tower fence and terrain.
- Fixed an issue in which, when the player activated the Splashdown on certain terrain, the player would not land properly and become unable to control their character.
- Fixed an issue in which, when the player activated the Splashdown on top of certain shapes of sponges, the player would go into the sponge.
- Fixed an issue in which the player with the Baller could deal body damage to a player on the other side of a thin wall.
- Fixed an issue in Splat Zones in which the penalty count display would disappear if the opponent took control of an area the moment that the penalty count reached zero.
- Fixed an issue in Rainmaker in which two Rainmakers would appear in the stage if a disconnection occurred at a certain point in time.
- Fixed a rare issue in Rainmaker in which the Rainmaker would not deal damage when shot at an opponent’s Splash Wall or Brella.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz in which the barrier would appear as if destroyed on some players’ screens if a player attempted to destroy it immediately before overtime ended, despite the match having ended before the barrier was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz in which a clam basket stored in an elevated area would block a player’s field of vision.
- Fixed an issue on Moray Towers in which the starting position of one side’s team would be slightly off-point.
- Fixed an issue in Rainmaker on Port Mackerel in which a player could not submerge into some walls near the starting point even though they could be painted.
- Changed the location of some Inkrails in Rainmaker on MakoMart making it so that they cannot be used to carry the Rainmaker to a high platform in your team’s base.
- Made it so that the tops of shipping containers within Splat Zones are not counted towards zone control in Splat Zones on Walleye Warehouse.
- Fixed an issue on Shellendorf Institute in which a player climbing a pillar near the center of the map would pass through the terrain and fall.
- Fixed an issue on Shellendorf Institute in which, when the player throws something like the Suction Bomb at the edge of a glass roof, the bomb would go into the roof and get stuck.
- Made it so that the top of exhibit displays within Splat Zones are not counted towards zone control in Splat Zones on Shellendorf Institute.
- Fixed an issue on Arowana Mall in which, if the player activated the Splashdown in a narrow place between a fence and terrain, the player would go into the terrain.
- Fixed an issue on Arowana Mall in which the player would be repelled in an unintended way when having moved into a narrow place between a fence and terrain.
- Fixed an issue on Arowana Mall in which bombs or bubbles from the Bubble Blower disappeared in an unnatural way around the central pond.
- Slightly adjusted the position of the sign indicating the area where the Rainmaker can’t be carried on Arowana Mall in Rainmaker, making it more difficult for a player to get stuck between the path and the sign.
- Fixed an issue on Arowana Mall in Rainmaker in which the Rainmaker would reappear inside terrain after the player holding the Rainmaker went beneath a high platform near the center and then lost the Rainmaker.
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
|Aerospray MG |
|.52 Gal |
.52 Gal Deco
|Jet Squelcher |
Custom Jet Squelcher
|Clash Blaster|| |
|L-3 Nozzlenose |
L-3 Nozzlenose D
|H-3 Nozzlenose|| |
|Carbon Roller|| |
|E-liter 4K |
Custom E-liter 4K
|Mini Splatling|| |
|Hydra Splatling|| |
|Dual Squelcher|| |
|Undercover Brella|| |
- Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed.
|Squid Beakon|| |
- Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed.
|Tenta Missiles|| |
- Specifications for points required for some specials have been changed.
|Weapon||Before Change||After Change|
|Custom Splattershot Jr.||190||180|
|Gold Dynamo Roller||200||190|
Hero Roller Replica
- Specifications for points required for some specials have been changed.
|Current Title & Rank||Next Title & Rank|
|Profreshional 100～199||Profreshional 100|
|Profreshional 200～299||Profreshional 200|
|Profreshional 300～399||Profreshional 300|
|Profreshional 400～999||Profreshional 400|
- Made it so that “Hazard Level MAX!!” is displayed when starting a job if the stage hazard level is at the maximum level.
- In online Salmon Run, the title and rank of the crew affect the stage hazard level.
- Fixed a rare issue in which a Splat Bomb thrown into the mouth of a Flyfish would not explode, doing no damage.
- Fixed an issue in which, if the player jumped when a Maws attacked, the attack would not do any damage.
- Fixed a rare issue in which, even though a Steel Eel was defeated, the torso hit detection would remain in that spot.
- Fixed an issue in which the vertical swing of a Roller would ink an unintended shape when the 4 players had a certain weapon arrangement.
- Fixed a rare issue in which a Flyfish would go into the terrain when difficulty was high.
- Fixed an issue in which Smallfry would remain in the next wave after clearing a Griller event.
- Fixed a rare issue in which the egg basket wouldn’t appear after the wave started.
- Fixed an issue when working in a crew with a friend in which, despite both friends having the same title, the player would be treated as having supported a player with a lower title, therefore not raising the player’s rank even though the job was completed.
Changes to Single Player
- Fixed an issue in which the player would be pushed out by the tip of an Inkfurler and go through terrain.
- Fixed an issue in which the player would pass through terrain and fall if a crate hidden in ink appeared in the same location as the player.
- Fixed an issue in which an Octoballer would not take damage from other attacks while being damaged by an Ink Storm.
- Fixed an issue in which the player would fall outside of terrain immediately after respawning when defeated at a specific point in time on Stage 24.
- Fixed an issue when taking photos with amiibo on multiplayer stages in which several camera positions on several stages would cause the player’s feet to go into the terrain or float above the floor.
- Fixed an issue in which part of the boy’s hair would not be displayed correctly when the Squid Clip-Ons or Dust Blocker 2000 were equipped.
- Fixed an issue in Spectator mode in which the hit animation would not display correctly when viewing from a player’s perspective and that player hit an opponent’s Brella.
- Fixed an issue in Spectator mode in which some objects would become transparent when viewing from a player’s perspective.
- Fixed an issue in which the number of disconnects in the last 50 matches increased in SplatNet 2 when joining a Private Battle as a spectating player.
- Fixed an issue in which the screen would darken unnaturally depending on camera position and direction in the firing range.
Updating to version 2.3.0 will prevent matchmaking at the Shoal with players using an earlier version.
Please note: To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.