How to Update Xenoblade Chronicles 3
In this article, you'll learn how to update Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- The update will download and install automatically if the console is connected to the internet and the Automatic Software Updates setting is enabled. If there is not enough space in the system memory or on a microSD card to download the update, you will first need to expand or free up memory space and then follow the steps below.
On 19 January 2024, a new software update for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- From the HOME Menu, highlight the icon for the software you wish to update without actually starting the software.
- Press the + Button or - Button, then select Software Update, followed by Via the Internet.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
Ver. 2.2.0 (Released 19 January 2024)
- Now compatible with the Noah and Mio amiibo. By scanning one of the amiibo under System > amiibo on the menu screen, you will be able to use the following special clothing items:
- Noah amiibo
You can acquire the “Consul N's Armor” outfit for Noah. You can also get outfit variations without jackets for Noah, Lanz and Eunie.
- Mio amiibo
You can acquire the “Consul M's Armor” outfit for Mio. You can also get outfit variations without jackets for Mio, Sena and Taion.
- Noah amiibo
- Fulfil certain conditions and talk to the NPC Miibomii at Llyn Nyddwr Camp in the Fornis region to receive rewards identical to what would be received with the Noah or Mio amiibo.