How to Update Super Mario 3D All-Stars
In this article, you'll learn how to apply the latest software update for Super Mario 3D All-Stars.
On 4 November 2021, a new software update for Super Mario 3D All-Stars became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.1.1 (Released 4 November 2021)
- Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 17 November 2020)
- Ver. 1.0.1 (Released 17 September 2020)
Ver. 1.1.1 (Released 4 November 2021)
- Super Mario 64 now supports the Nintendo Switch Online member exclusive Nintendo 64 Controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original Nintendo 64 release.
- Information on connecting this controller can be found here.
- All button displays within Super Mario 64 will not reflect the Nintendo 64 controller.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 17 November 2020)
- Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original Nintendo GameCube release.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller is only supported in TV mode for Super Mario Sunshine.
- You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch console. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
- All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released 17 September 2020)
- Improved the screen display when playing Co-Star Mode in Super Mario Galaxy.
- Fixed several other issues to improve overall gameplay experience.