How to Update Software Data Via a Local User
Instructions on how to update and exchange software data via local users on Nintendo Switch.
- This feature is available for consoles with system menu version 4.0.0 or higher.
- In order to use this feature, an Internet connection is not required. However, a local user group must be created.
Complete These Steps:
Steps 1 - 3 must be performed by each of the Nintendo Switch consoles to be used with this feature:
- Ensure your console has the latest system update.
- From the HOME Menu, select the icon for the software you wish to update without starting the game or application.
- Press the "+" or "-" Button on your controller, then select "Software Update" > "Match Version with Local Users" > "Next."
- If this option is unavailable, you must install the latest system update on your console.
- Once all users are on the screen that allows them to create or join a group, designate one user to select "Create Group."
- The rest of the users must then select "Join Group."
- Once the desired users have joined the local group, the group creator must then select "Start Communication."
- All the user's software will be updated to match the most recent version of the group.