How to Update Metroid Dread
In this article, you'll learn how to apply the latest software update to Metroid Dread.
On 17 November 2021, a new software update for Metroid Dread became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.0.3 (Released November 17, 2021)
- Ver. 1.0.2 (Released November 4, 2021)
- Ver. 1.0.1 (Released October 21, 2021)
Ver. 1.0.3 (Released November 17, 2021)
- Fixed an issue where Samus’ damage detection would disappear under certain conditions.
- We made the decision to fix this issue because there is a possibility that it may occur unintentionally, and if it does, it will result in a play experience that is far different from the way Metroid Dread was originally intended to be experienced.
Ver. 1.0.2 (Released November 4, 2021)
- Fixed an issue where retrying after a game over would cause the play time to be added only when retrying a specific boss fight.
- Fixed an issue where the game would force-quit if you hit an enemy frozen by an Ice Missile with the Shine Spark in a certain way.
- Fixed an issue that caused Samus to move strangely when jumping at certain times in the Morph Ball Launcher.
- Fixed an issue where the final boss would get stuck on a wall and not be able to move during a certain attack, making it impossible to progress in the game.
- Fixed an issue where Samus would get stuck in the wall when defeating the E.M.M.I. in Ferenia in a certain position.
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released October 21, 2021)
- Fixed an issue where, if a map marker is placed on a specific door on the map screen (the door destroyed with the beam obtained at the end of the game), destroying that door at the end of the game would cause the game to forcefully quit with the message "The software was closed because an error occurred”.
- Fixed several other issues to improve overall gameplay experience.