Game Doesn’t Recognise the Nintendo Switch Online Membership
- You have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership, but a game is prompting you to purchase a membership when you try to use an online feature.
- You return to a game directly after purchasing a Nintendo Switch Online membership, but the game still prompts you to purchase a membership to use the online features.
Complete These Steps:
- Power the Nintendo Switch console down completely. (Putting the console into sleep mode isn't sufficient - you will need to completely shut down and restart it.)
- Turn the console back on and launch the game from the HOME Menu.
- When prompted to choose a user, select a user linked to a Nintendo Account with an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you're not sure if your account has an active membership, you can check your current membership status.
- Try accessing the online feature again. The game should now recognise your active membership and allow you to proceed.