Flashing White "X" on the Game Icon
- You are unable to start a game or download a software update on Nintendo Switch.
- There is a flashing or blinking white "X" over the game icon or on the download screen.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- If the console is already up to date, restart it by holding down the POWER Button and selecting "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Check for corrupt data for the intended software.
- Launch the software and redownload any necessary software updates.
- If the issue persists and a microSD card is being used, try the following:
- Reseat the microSD card.
- Try a different microSD card.
If the download cannot be completed because of the microSD card being used, using a different microSD card may resolve this issue.
- Format the microSD card.
If you do not have an alternate microSD card, of if a second microSD card worked and you would like to try to use the first one, format the card's data, and then try again.
- Remove the microSD card, and try to download the software to the console's system memory.
If another microSD card is unavailable, remove the microSD card and then attempt to download the software. If the software is able to download to the system memory, either play the software from the system memory, or purchase a different microSD card for use with the Nintendo Switch console.
Situation Not Resolved:
Please contact our Customer Support.