How to Change the Sleep Mode Settings
Instructions for configuring the Sleep Mode settings on Nintendo Switch.
Complete These Steps:
- From the HOME Menu, select “System Settings.”
- Scroll down the options on the left and select “Sleep Mode.” The following settings can be configured:
- Auto-Sleep (Playing on Console Screen). While in Handheld mode or Tabletop mode the console will enter sleep mode after a set period of inactivity. This time can be set to 1, 3, 5, 10, or 30 minutes. To disable Auto-Sleep while using the console screen, select “Never.”
- Auto-Sleep (Connected to TV). While in TV Mode the console will enter sleep mode after a set period of inactivity. This time can be set to 1, 2, 3, 6, or 12 hours. To disable Auto-Sleep while using the console in TV mode, select “Never.”
- Suspend Auto-Sleep While Playing Media Content. This prevents Auto-Sleep from activating while media content is playing. If this option is disabled, the console will still go to sleep after four hours of media playback.