Error Message: E-Mail Address You Entered Is Already Registered
When creating a Nintendo Account, an error appears that says the e-mail address is already registered.
- An e-mail address can only be linked to one Nintendo Account.
What to Do:
Are you are trying to create a new Nintendo Account or make changes to an existing Nintendo Account (update e-mail, link NNID)?
Create New Nintendo Account
This means that the e-mail address you've provided is already associated to an existing Nintendo Account. You will need to sign in to the existing Nintendo Account instead of trying to create a new one.
To sign in to a My Nintendo account:
- Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and click "Sign in".
- If you don't remember the password, click "Forgot your password?" to request an e-mail to reset your password.
Update Existing Nintendo Account
Which information are you trying to update in your Nintendo Account?
This means that the e-mail address you've provided is already associated with a different Nintendo Account. The same e-mail address cannot be added to multiple accounts.
If you receive this message when trying to link a Nintendo Network ID (NNID) to a Nintendo Account, it is likely that your e-mail address is currently linked to multiple NNIDs.
Please change the e-mail address on your NNID to one that has not been registered to additional accounts, then try again.
- For step-by-step instructions on changing the e-mail address on your NNID, click here.