Error Code: 2811-1224
You are unable to connect to Nintendo eShop, or you get disconnected from Nintendo eShop, and you receive the error code 2811-1224.
Test your connection to Nintendo eShop after any changes are made to the Nintendo Switch console or network environment to determine if the change resolves your issue.
- This error code generally indicates that your connection to Nintendo eShop has timed out.
- This error is often the result of slow internet download speeds or a poor wireless environment/weak wireless signal.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
To restart the console, press the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options", followed by "Restart".
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router.
If possible, place the Nintendo Switch within 3 to 4 metres (10 to 15 feet) of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Power cycle your home network.
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive.
- Test your internet connection to determine if the issue is related to download speeds.
Using the connection test feature on the Nintendo Switch console, you can check your download speed and determine if this may be causing the issue. If your download speeds are less than 1.5Mbps, try to improve your download speeds.
Situation Not Resolved:
If you are still unable to connect, this may indicate an issue related to the network environment or router being used.
If you would like to continue troubleshooting potential issues related to the router, contact the router's manufacturer for assistance with performing the following steps:
- Updating the router's firmware
- Resetting the router back to its factory default settings
If you would like further assistance with the Nintendo Switch console, please contact us.