Error Code: 2162-0002
The information in this article can help you if error code 2162-0002 is displayed while using a Nintendo Switch console.
Complete these steps
Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then selecting "Power Options" and then "Restart".
- If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down. Then power it on again.
Was the error displayed again?
- Detach the Joy-Con controllers from the Nintendo Switch console, then unsync them from the console.
- While the Joy-Con controllers are still detached and unsynced from the Nintendo Switch console, use the touch screen to follow the steps to install the latest system version.
- If the error persists, hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds to power off the console. Then reset the console to factory settings without deleting save data.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the console cannot start without the same error continuing to occur, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Please click here to book a repair.
For optimal performance, check for the following:
- Ensure that your console has the latest system version.
- Verify you are using licensed accessories and controllers with your console.