Error Code: 2154-0101
When attempting to use an online feature or service on Nintendo Switch, error code 2154-0101 is displayed.
- Review nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html for the most up-to-date maintenance and server status information.
If the error persists, and there is no notice of Nintendo eShop maintenance, try again at a later time.
- Restart your Nintendo Switch console.
Hold down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Power cycle your home network.
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive.
- Manually enter an alternate DNS.
If the DNS you are attempting to use is not working, entering an alternate DNS may resolve this issue.
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router.
If possible, place the Nintendo Switch console within 3 to 5 metres (10 to 15 feet) of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your Nintendo Switch console and wireless router.
Metal objects and electronic devices may interfere with wireless signals. If you have any of these, such as filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, glass, or cordless phones, next to your console or wireless router, move them away.
- If supported by your router, connect to a different wireless band.
Many routers support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency bands. If your router supports both, set up a new internet connection and connect to the band you are not currently connecting to. Many routers will have default SSID names that label whether the connection is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, but if you're not sure, you can review this information within your router's settings.
- Try connecting to the internet using a different access point.
Once you are connected to the internet, to ensure optimal performance, verify that your console has the latest system version.
Situation Not Resolved:
If you are still unable to connect, this may indicate an issue related to the network environment or wireless router being used.
If you would like to continue troubleshooting potential issues related to the wireless router, contact the router's manufacturer for assistance with performing the following steps:
- Updating the wireless router's firmware
- Resetting the router back to its factory default settings