Error Code: 2005-0012
Error code 2005-0012 is displayed on Nintendo Switch.
This error code may indicate an issue related to the microSD card being used.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system update.
- If your console is already up to date, restart it by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart."
- If the issue persists and a microSD card is being used, try the following:
- Reseat the microSD card.
- Try a different microSD card.
If the download is not able to complete because of the microSD card being used, using a different microSD card may resolve this issue.
- Format the microSD card.
If you do not have an alternate microSD card, or if a second microSD card worked and you would like to try to use the first one, format the card's data, and then try again.
- Remove the microSD card, and then try to download the software onto the system memory.
If another microSD card is unavailable, remove the microSD card and then attempt to download the software. If the software is able to download to the system memory, either play the software from the system memory, or purchase a different microSD card for use in the Nintendo Switch console.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple supported microSD cards, when downloading to the system memory, or if a different supported microSD card is not available to test, the console will need to be repaired.
Please click here to book a repair.