Download Code Is Lost or Missing - Retailer Code Receipt Lost or Missing
The information in this article can help you when your retailer receipt for a download code is lost or missing.
What to Do:
- You will need your receipt to verify and redeem your code. Locate the receipt you received when you made the purchase. The download code is a 16-digit code that is printed on the receipt you received from the retailer.
- If you provided an email address to the retailer when you bought the code or if you bought the code through an online retailer, check your email. The retailer may have sent you an email with a copy of your download code.
- Check your previously downloaded titles in Nintendo eShop. If the download code was already redeemed, you can redownload the game on your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console or system in the Nintendo 3DS family without re-entering the code.
- Check with the retailer where you purchased the download code to see if they have a record of your purchase, and can provide you with a new copy of the receipt.
- Depending on the retailer, they may be able to locate your purchase using your credit card, your retailer account history or a loyalty programme membership.
Situation Not Resolved:
If you are still unable to locate the download code, you will need to purchase another one. Nintendo is not able to replace codes that have been lost, misplaced, or stolen.