Download Code Is Lost or Missing - No Scratch-Off Area
The information in this article can help when your download code is lost or missing and your card does not have a scratch-off area.
If you have a card that does not have a scratch-off area on the back, your code was printed on your purchase receipt. You will need the receipt to verify and redeem your code.
What to Do:
- Locate the receipt you received when you made the purchase. The download code is a 16-digit code that is printed on the receipt you received from the retailer.
- If you provided an email address to the retailer when you bought the code, check your email. The retailer may also have sent you an email with a copy of your download code.
- Check your previously downloaded titles in Nintendo eShop. If the download code was already redeemed, you can redownload the game on your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console or system in the Nintendo 3DS family without re-entering the code.
- Check with the retailer where you purchased the download code to see if they have a record of your purchase, and can provide you with a new copy of the receipt.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If you are still unable to locate the download code, you will need to purchase another one. Nintendo is not able to replace codes that have been lost, misplaced or stolen.