Download Code Is Lost or Missing
A software download code is missing (never received, lost, stolen, etc).
What to Do:
How Did You Purchase the Download Code?
- Check the back of your Nintendo eShop card for a scratch-off code area. Some cards sold through retailers do not have a scratch-off code on the card itself – the code is only printed on the receipt you received when you made the purchase.
Does Your Card Have a Scratch-Off Area on the Back?
- Gently scratch off the grey film to find your download code.
- If you need help redeeming your download code, click here.
- If the card does not have a scratch-off area on the back, click here.
- If the Nintendo eShop Card has been lost or misplaced, click here.
- If you purchased a download code directly from a retailer, your code was printed on your purchase receipt. If the receipt with your code has been lost or misplaced, click here.
If your digital purchase includes a bundled or promotional download code, the code can be viewed in your email receipt and in your Nintendo Account Purchase History.
- If you made the purchase on a Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS system and you have not linked a Nintendo Account, you will find your download code in your Wii U Nintendo eShop Account Activity or your Nintendo 3DS Nintendo eShop Account Activity.
For help locating your Nintendo eShop receipt or Nintendo Account Purchase History, review our information on if a Nintendo eShop Receipt Email Did Not Arrive.