Controller is Not Responding or is Responding Incorrectly [Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System]
- The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System controller is not responding when trying to navigate the HOME Menu or when trying to play a game.
- The characters move on their own.
What to Do:
- Verify that you are using a compatible controller. How to
- If you are using an unlicensed accessory, replacing it with a licensed controller may resolve the issue.
- Power off the console and unplug the controller by pressing the tabs on the connector that goes into the console.
- Check the controller’s cord for any signs of physical damage; i.e. frayed cable, nicks, kinks, etc.
- If any damage is present, the controller will need to be replaced.
- Plug the controller into port no. 1 on the front of the console and try navigating on the HOME Menu or starting a game.
- If the controller is still not responding or is responding incorrectly, try another compatible controller if at all possible. Ensure it is plugged into port no. 1.
- Port no. 2 can be used only for a second player while in 2-player games. More info
- In order to navigate the HOME Menu, the controller must be plugged into port no. 1.
Situation Not Resolved:
If another controller works correctly with the console, then the original controller will need to be replaced.
If the issue persists even after using another compatible controller, or if another compatible controller is unavailable, then the console and the original controller will need to come in for repair. Please contact us for support by clicking here.