How to Change Nintendo Network ID Password Settings
Step-by-step instructions on updating the password or password settings for your Nintendo Network ID.
Which do you want to use to change your NNID password?
- Select "System Settings" from the HOME Menu on your Nintendo 3DS system.
- Select "Nintendo Network ID Settings".
- Select "Password Settings".
- Select from the following options:
- Change Password
Update the password associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Remember Password
Choose whether or not the password is required to access the user account on the system.
- I Forgot
Request a temporary password to be sent to the email address associated with the NNID.
- Change Password
- On the Wii U console, access the User Settings for the Mii that you want to update.
- Select "Change Password".
- Enter the current password associated with your Nintendo Network ID. Select "OK" twice.
- Enter a new password and select "OK".
- The password you choose should be between 6 and 16 characters long.
- Passwords must use a combination of characters from two of the following categories: letters, numbers and punctuation.
- You cannot use the name you chose for your Nintendo Network ID as your password.
- The same character cannot be used three or more times in a row.
- For security reasons, you should not use passwords that can be easily guessed or that you have used for other services.
- Enter the password again and select "OK" twice to confirm.
- If you would like to save the new password so that you don't need to use it to sign in again in the future, select "Yes" under "Save password?" in the User Settings.
If you forgot the password, you can request a temporary password to be sent to the email address associated with the NNID.