Toy-Con Not Responding Correctly
While using Nintendo Labo, the Toy-Con does not respond as expected.
- For information on which accessories are required to build each Toy-Con from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit or Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit, click here.
- For information on what is required to build the Vehicle Kit Toy-Con accessories, click here.
What to Do:
Determine with which Toy-Con you are having an issue and check for the following on the Joy-Con controllers and on the Toy-Con itself:
Joy-Con or Console
- Verify that the Joy-Con controller is placed in the correct location on the Toy-Con.
The Nintendo Labo software will indicate for each Toy-Con the correct placement and orientation of the Joy-Con controllers. Consult the Make section for more details.
- Ensure the Joy-Con battery is charged.
If the battery is low, allow the Joy-Con to charge.
- Verify that HD rumble is enabled.
If HD rumble or controller vibration is not functioning, click here.
- Ensure that the IR Motion Camera is not obstructed and is working properly.
If you suspect that the IR Motion Camera is not functioning, click here.
- Ensure that the volume on the console speakers is not low or muted.
If there is no sound coming from the console speakers, click here.
- Verify that the Toy-Con is not ripped or broken.
If the cardboard or accessories are damaged, Click here.
- For the Toy-Con accessories that use reflective stickers, ensure that the stickers are placed correctly and are unobstructed.
Verify that the reflective stickers are not covered by other materials such as adhesive tape or paint. If the reflective stickers are peeling or damaged, click here.
- For the Toy-Con accessories that use rubber bands, ensure that the rubber bands are placed correctly and are intact.
The Nintendo Labo software will indicate the correct placement of the rubber bands. Consult the Make section for more details. If a rubber band is damaged, click here.
If you need additional assistance, please contact our Customer Support.