Connection with the cinch adapter
Please also refer to the operating instructions for your television set.
This connection is suitable for television sets which only have a mono AV connection. On the television set there are two input jacks marked Audio and Video. For this connection you require a stereo AV cable* and cinch adapter, which is available from specialist dealers.
- Connect the power supply (AC Adapter) to the "DC 12V IN" jack of the Nintendo GameCube and to the electrical socket.
- Connect the stereo AV cable to the "ANALOG AV OUT" jack of the Nintendo GameCube.
- Connect the two coloured audio plugs (red and white) of the stereo AV cable to the marked jacks on the adapter.
- Connect the yellow plug of the stereo AV cable and the single adapter plug to the mono AV jack of the TV.
- Insert a Nintendo GameCube disc into the Nintendo GameCube and switch the device on.
- Select the AV programme on the TV (this is marked as follows on the remote control: 0, AV, A/V, etc).
This direct connection produces a better playing image and there is no need to search for the channel.
Please note that with this connection only mono reception is possible!
Stereo AV cable: Black, wide cable with three differently coloured (yellow, white, red) plugs on one end and a Nintendo GameCube analog AV-out plug on the other end.
Cinch adapter: Adapter with two cinch jacks (stereo) on one side and one cinch plug (mono) on the other side.