Recalibrating the Touch Screen
Calibration must be done with a stylus.
Please note: Using an unlicensed screen protector can lower the sensitivity of the screen, making calibration difficult. If the problem you are encountering started happening after installing a screen protector, this may be the cause of the problem.
1. Remove all games from the Nintendo DS Lite.
2. Turn the system on by pressing the Power Button.
3. Press the A Button when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" message appears.
4. When the main menu appears, use the +Control Pad to place the cursor over the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom of the screen, and press the A Button.
5. Use the +Control Pad to place the cursor over the orange icon that looks like crosshairs (the right-most icon), and press the A Button.
6. Use the stylus, and tap the red square that appears on the Touch Screen. Do this each time the square moves.
- You must touch the red square precisely at each of the three positions, otherwise the test will continue to re-start
- If the Touch Screen is not responding properly, hold the Nintendo DS Lite at an angle so that you can see where the edges of the Touch Screen meet the housing of the system. Look around the entire edge of the Touch Screen for any foreign material (such as crumbs, etc.) that may be wedged in between the Touch Screen and the housing of the DS Lite. Foreign material in this area can cause the Touch Screen to work incorrectly. If there are any visible particles, please follow the steps above related to cleaning the Touch Screen.
- If the above steps did not help, there is a problem with the system and it will need to be repaired.
7. When complete, four squares will appear, allowing users to test the Touch Screen sensitivity. (Testing is optional.) Tap the "Confirm" button in the lower-right corner.
8. Wait for the the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Quit," then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically to save the settings.