Applies to: Nintendo DS Lite
Please note: Using an unlicensed screen protector can lower the sensitivity of the screen, making calibration difficult. If the problem you are encountering started happening after installing a screen protector, this may be the cause of the problem.
1. Remove all games from the Nintendo DS Lite.
2. Turn the system on by pressing the Power Button.
3. Press the A Button when the "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" message appears.
4. When the main menu appears, use the +Control Pad to place the cursor over the Settings Menu Panel at the bottom of the screen, and press the A Button.
5. Use the +Control Pad to place the cursor over the orange icon that looks like crosshairs (the right-most icon), and press the A Button.
6. Use the stylus, and tap the red square that appears on the Touch Screen. Do this each time the square moves.
7. When complete, four squares will appear, allowing users to test the Touch Screen sensitivity. (Testing is optional.) Tap the "Confirm" button in the lower-right corner.
8. Wait for the the confirmation message to disappear, then tap "Quit," then "Yes" to exit. The unit will shut down automatically to save the settings.
© 2018 Nintendo.