Reset Password (Nintendo Account only)
Instructions on resetting your Nintendo Account password.
- If you are using a Nintendo Account for a child, your sign-in information can only be reset through your parent/guardian's account. For assistance, please click here and select "Nintendo Account for a child".
Complete these steps:
- Click the “Forgot your password?” link when prompted.
- Enter the email address associated with your Nintendo Account.
- Click “Submit” to have a temporary sign-in link sent to your email address.
- When the email arrives, click the link in the email.
- Enter and confirm a new password.
- Do not include your date of birth as part of the password. An error message will appear if you include your date of birth, and you will be prompted to select a different password.
- Please keep in mind that passwords must be at least eight characters long and include a combination of characters from two of the following categories: letters, numbers and punctuation.
- Enter the birthdate or nickname associated with your Nintendo Account
- Please make sure you are entering your Nintendo Account nickname, and not your sign-in ID (if you have created one).
- Click “Sign In”. This will reset your password and sign you in to your Nintendo Account.