Nintendo Account Recovery Process
- You have received an email notification that states the following: “A new device has been used to sign in to your Nintendo Account”. The email might include information about an unknown device or geographical location.
- Your Nintendo Account has been compromised or accessed by an unauthorised user.
What to do
- Change your Nintendo Account password.
- Change the password associated to your Nintendo Account.
- If you don’t remember your Nintendo Account password or log-in information, reset your password.
- If your Nintendo Account is linked to a Nintendo Network ID, you can change the NNID password on a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- If you suspect a linked NNID has been compromised, you can also unlink it from your Nintendo Account to prevent further access.
- Sign out of all devices associated with your Nintendo Account.
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the Nintendo Account website, select "Sign-In and Security Settings" in your account profile, and select "View" beside your sign-in history. Select "Sign out on all other devices".
- This will disassociate the Nintendo Account from any devices on which it was previously signed in. You will need to sign in again on each device using the new password to associate your Nintendo Account again.
- Set up two-step verification security for your Nintendo Account.
- Two-step verification adds an additional layer of security that can help prevent unauthorised access to the account.
- Delete any stored credit card or Paypal account information from your Nintendo Account.
- If your Nintendo Account is linked to Facebook, Google, or Twitter, it is recommended that you change the password for those accounts.
- It is possible that one of those accounts was compromised, which allowed access to your Nintendo Account.
- Visit the appropriate company's website and use their help area for instructions about how to update your password.
- If you suspect a linked Facebook, Twitter, or Google account has been compromised, you can also unlink it from your Nintendo Account to prevent further access.
Search the Support section