How to Review 2-Step Verification Backup Codes for a Nintendo Account
In this article, you'll learn how to view your 2-step verification backup codes, or generate new codes if you have used all of your backup codes.
Complete these steps
- Go to the Nintendo Account website and sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Select Sign-In and Security Settings, then scroll down to Two-Step Verification and select Edit.
- You may be prompted to confirm your identity by re-entering your password and/or by verifying your email address.
- If prompted to enter your password, enter it, then select OK.
- If prompted to verify your email address, select Submit to have an email with a verification code sent to the email address associated with your Nintendo Account. Locate the code in your email and enter it in the "Verification code" box, then select Submit.
- If you do not receive the email, please follow our steps for Did Not Receive a Nintendo Account Identity Verification Email.
- You may also be prompted to enter an additional 2-step verification code to proceed. Launch the Google Authenticator app on your smart device, enter the code it displays and select Verify.
- If you do not currently have access to the app, select Use another method to verify your identity and use one of the backup codes you received when setting up 2-step verification. (You should have copied and saved these in a safe place.)
- If you do not currently have access to your backup codes, select Use another method to verify your identity on the "Enter a backup code" screen. An email with a verification code will be sent to the email address associated with your Nintendo Account. Locate the code in your email and enter it in the "Verification code" box, then select Submit.
- Select Check backup codes.
- If you want to generate new backup codes, select Generate new codes, review the information about generating new codes, then select Generate new codes again.
- Be sure to store your new backup codes in a safe location.