How to Register an E-mail Address to a Supervised Nintendo Account
Instructions on registering an e-mail address to a supervised Nintendo Account.
- Supervised Nintendo Account owners age 16 or older can register an email address to their account if they have not already done so.
- Registering an email address allows users to manage their own Nintendo Account settings, link social media accounts (Google or Apple), and sign up to receive newsletters.
- Registering an e-mail address to a supervised Nintendo Account does not change the family group status or any parental controls that are set for the account.
Complete These Steps:
- Log in to the supervised Nintendo Account where you want to register the email address.
- Scroll down and select Register Email Address.
- This option is available to Nintendo Accounts for users age 16 and older, that have not yet registered an e-mail address.
- If this option does not appear, you have already registered an email address, you are not yet old enough to register an email address, or you are not signed in to the supervised account.
- This process cannot be started through a parent or guardian account—you must sign in to the supervised account.
- For assistance with changing an e-mail address that is already associated with your Nintendo Account, click here.
- Click Request code to send a 6-digit verification code to the e-mail address associated to the family group admin (a parent or guardian account).
- The family group admin (a parent or guardian) will need to provide the verification code for security.
- When the email arrives, have your parent or guardian provide the 6-digit verification code included in the e-mail.
- Enter the code and select Confirm.
- Enter the email address you want to register to the supervised Nintendo Account, and select Continue.
- A 4-digit verification code will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. When you receive the e-mail, enter the code and click OK.
- Your verification code should arrive within a few minutes.
- If it has been over one hour since you requested the verification code but you have not received an e-mail, make sure that you are entering your e-mail address correctly, and click Resend verification code to have a new verification code sent.
- Select Confirm again to complete the registration.