To free up space on a full SD Card, delete photo or sound files you no longer need via Data Management in the System Settings. Alternatively, transfer all of the data from your current SD Card to one with a larger capacity. You can save software to another SD Card, but cannot later combine the contents of multiple SD Cards. In order to transfer data, you will need a computer and a commercially available SD Card reader / writer and should transfer the entire “Nintendo 3DS” folder to the target SD Card.
1. Remove source SD Card from Nintendo 3DS family system.
2. Insert source SD Card into SD Card reader / writer connected to computer.
3. Insert target SD Card into SD Card reader / writer connected to computer.
4. Copy the entire “Nintendo 3DS” folder from the source SD Card to the target SD Card.
5. Safely remove target SD Card from computer and insert into Nintendo 3DS family system.
If updated data is saved on the new SD Card, you may not be able to use the same software with the original SD Card.
You should only use one SD Card with a software title at a time; the same software cannot be copied to multiple SD Cards for backup purposes. Ensure that you only use the new SD Card.
Download software saved on multiple SD Cards cannot be consolidated onto a single SD Card.
Copying new data over existing data will render the target data unusable.
If the contents of the ”Nintendo 3DS“ folder are modified or if individual files are copied from one ”Nintendo 3DS“ folder to another, they will be rendered unusable.
© 2018 Nintendo.