INFORMATION ABOUT THE 3D FEATURE OF NINTENDO 3DS
- There are differences among individuals in terms of how they see 3D visuals. Please be advised that factors such as physical condition, media content and environment may all affect how any individual sees the 3D effect on the Nintendo 3DS system.
The 3D effects generated by Nintendo 3DS are created using the ability to interpret 3D images due to the difference in position of the left and right eye. However, each individual sees 3D images differently.
Please be advised that there are circumstances that could make it difficult for an individual to properly see 3D images – for instance, when there is a significant difference between eyesight in the right and left eyes*.
We have integrated the '3D depth slider' so that anyone can set the 3D effects to a convenient level. Moving the slider downwards makes the 3D images appear less distinctive** and having it set to the lowest point allows you to enjoy gameplay with the display images appearing entirely in 2D.
Make sure you find the 3D setting on the Nintendo 3DS system that is most comfortable for you.
*For users with a visual impairment, it is advised that you investigate corrective procedures, eg. prism glasses, to assist with the viewing of 3D effects.
**Certain types of content, including 3D videos and photos, do not allow adjustments in 3D strength. When viewing such content, adjusting the slider will only switch between 2D and 3D images. If you find the 3D effect to be uncomfortably strong while viewing these types of content, it may help to hold the system at a greater distance from your face. If you still find it difficult to see, then try viewing the content in 2D.
- If you are tired, or feeling unwell, please refrain from playing. If you feel sick, please stop playing Nintendo 3DS immediately.
For our previous game systems, Nintendo has, as a guideline, recommended our customers to take a break every hour.
It is possible that a player might react more sensitively to 3D images than common 2D images and fatigue and/or discomfort can be experienced during gameplay with 3D images.
Therefore, we recommend our customers to take a break every half hour when using the 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS system.
If you are feeling sick, please stop playing immediately.
- The use of the 3D feature by children aged six and under may cause vision damage. Therefore it is recommended that:
- Only children over six should use the system in 3D mode.
- If children aged six and under have access to the system, parents or legal guardians should restrict the display of 3D images using the Parental Controls feature.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
During the initial setup of your Nintendo 3DS system, you will be asked to set Parental Controls. Touch SET to begin, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Choose a PIN code to ensure that your child cannot change the settings you made.
Touch DISPLAY OF 3D IMAGES to disable the 3D feature. The use of the 3D feature by children aged six and under may cause vision damage. It is highly recommended that only children over six should use the system in 3D mode. Make sure you select DONE to save your settings. To use Parental Controls or to change the settings after the initial setup has been completed, open the System Settings from the HOME Menu and select PARENTAL CONTROLS.