My Nintendo 3DS system doesn't recognise my AR Card
If your AR Card cannot be recognised, please check the following and try again:
- AR Cards cannot be recognised if you hold the system too close to them or too far away. A distance of around 35cm is recommended.
- Ensure that the whole AR Card is visible on the screen. If part of it is offscreen, it may not be recognised.
- Ensure you are in a well-lit area.
- Keep AR Cards out of direct sunlight, as this can interfere with the outer cameras’ ability to recognise them properly.
- If an outer camera is dirty, wipe it with a soft cloth before you begin.
- If the AR Cards are bent or folded, they cannot be recognised by the system. Ensure that any AR Cards in use are laid flat on the surface.