Software update: August 6th 2014
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. The software version after this update will be 3.0, as shown in this image.
Please note: this update is required in order to play Steel Diver: Sub Wars in online multiplayer. In addition, if you do not update to version 3.0, it will not be possible to play in Local Play with other players who have upgraded to version 3.0.
- Adds Friend Battle mode, allowing users to play with people on their Nintendo 3DS friend list
- Adds ability to access the submarine shop in the Free Version
- Adds three new submarines to the Premium Version that can be unlocked after playing a certain number of Local Play matches
- Two new stages have been added to Local Play and Friend Battle matches: Underwater Rings and Underwater Plant
- Adds eight new crew members to the Premium Version
- Submarines hit by their teammates' torpedoes will no longer take damage, but damage points will still be deducted from the attacker's score
- Adds ability to send short pre-set messages in Morse Code chat
- Joining an online match in the Free Version now requires one Play Coin. To find out more about Play Coins, please visit our Activity Log section
- Other adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience
You can download this software update by scanning this QR Code with your Nintendo 3DS system cameras. For instructions on how to scan a QR Code, please visit our Downloading Nintendo 3DS software updates section.