Which Products Earn My Nintendo Gold Points?
You can earn My Nintendo Gold points by purchasing digital games for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS family systems and by purchasing physical games for Nintendo Switch.
You can redeem My Nintendo Gold Points for eligible digital Nintendo Switch game and DLC purchases in the Nintendo Switch eShop and on the official Nintendo website. (1 Gold Point = £0.01)
- Digital Software:
- Gold Points can be earned by purchasing downloadable games (with an MSRP of €5.00 (or £4.59) or higher) from the official Nintendo website, Nintendo eShop, or by redeeming a retailer-issued download code.
- Gold Points can be earned by purchasing sets of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers, but not by redeeming vouchers.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, or on the official Nintendo website (where available) automatically earn Gold Points worth the equivalent to 5% of the total paid amount (excluding points or discounts used).
- All digital titles for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS that are available through Nintendo eShop qualify for Gold Points.
- When purchasing a downloadable game for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, you must link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account before making your purchase to earn Gold Points for the game.
- Digital purchases made on or after 31/3/16 can qualify for Gold Points. Purchases made before 31/3/16 are not eligible.
- Physical Software:
- Gold Points can be earned by registering physical game cards for Nintendo Switch. (Physical software for other systems does not qualify for Gold Points.)
- For physical software, points are awarded at 1% of the Nintendo eShop price for the digital version of the game.
- Gold Points for physical games must be claimed within two years of the game’s original release date (within one year for regions other than Europe and South Africa).
- A game card can only be redeemed one time. If it has already been redeemed on one Nintendo Account, it cannot be redeemed again on a different one.
- For help redeeming My Nintendo points for a physical game, click here.
- Physical software for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, DLC for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo Switch Online membership purchases and auto-renewal, passes, in-game items, virtual currency, and themes do not qualify for Gold Points.