The rechargeable Battery Pack 2 is an external storage cell that is connected to the left of the Game Boy in the socket especially provided for it. It can also be used as a power pack (that is, directly via the socket). It has 2 parts:
a small light gray box = battery set case
a small dark gray box = power pack with power plug
- When charging, the battery pack can heat up.
- If the battery pack is completely discharged, it must first be charged for around 5 - 10 minutes before you can use it as a power pack.
- If you use the battery set as a power pack, it cannot be charged. To properly charge it, switch off Game Boy, remove the DC plug from Game Boy and connect the power pack to the power supply through the wall plug.
- Both parts must be connected to each other when charging.
- Current supply: 220 - 240 V AC / 2.5 W
- Output power: 5.3 V DC, 150 mA
- Charging time: about 8 hours
- Game duration: about 10 hours
- Weight: approx. 300 g
- Cable length:
• from storage cell to Game Boy approx. 90 cm
• total length approx. 300 cm