How do I get the Berry Update?
There are three different ways to ensure that your berry trees always bear fruit.
- Play 'Pokémon Channel':
- After playing through 'Pokémon Channel' load Jirachi onto your Ruby & Sapphire Edition with the aid of the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable and your berries will continue to grow automatically.
- Play 'Pokémon Colosseum':
- You receive the Berry Update automatically when you connect your Ruby & Sapphire Edition with 'Pokémon Colosseum' using the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable.
- Connect to Pokémon Box
- You'll automatically receive the berry patch upgrade by linking Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire to Pokémon Box using a Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable.
- Link 'Pokémon Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen':
- You'll receive the berry patch upgrade by linking Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire to Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon LeafGreen, or Pokémon Emerald using a Game Boy Advance Link Cable. Once they are connected, power on the '1P' system. When the Pokémon Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen title screen appears, hold down the B Button and SELECT, then follow the instructions that appear on-screen.
- Send in:
- Simply send your Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Edition to the Nintendo Service Centre (see Contact section for details) and we will update your game.
Our technicians will update your game free of charge and you will also receive a surprise gift! In order to receive your special gift your game must meet certain requirements. These are:
- Ensure that your active team has five or fewer Pokémon.
- You must save the game at least once after receiving Torchic, Treecko or Mudkip from Professor Birk.