Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable
Two or more Game Boy Advance SP systems can be connected together with a Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable. The cable length amounts to approximately 1m. With this cable, two Game Boy Advance SP systems can be connected together, if the selected Game Pak (compatible games are indicated by a corresponding symbol on the packaging) supports the multi-player mode.
Similarly, a Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Player can also be attached to one or more Game Boy Advance SP systems via the method mentioned above.
Note: Depending on the type of game, a Game Pak must be inserted into only one Game Boy Advance SP, or one Game Pak in each Game Boy Advance SP. For more information, see the section about Single-Pak and Multi-Pak multiplayer games in the FAQ.
If you wish to connect more Game Boy Advance SP systems together, you will require a corresponding number of Game Boy Advance Game Link Cables and, if applicable, the corresponding number of the multi-player game in question.
Tips for connecting Game Boy Advance Game Link Cables:
- All Game Boy Advance SP systems must be switched off.
- For a Multi-Pak game, place Game Paks (all of the same game) in the Game Pak Slot of each Game Boy Advance SP. For a Single-Pak game, place the Game Pak in player one's Game Pak Slot.
- Then, connect the Game Boy Advance Game Link Cables together (if more than two Game Boy Advance SP systems are to be connected together) and then connect these to the Game Boy Advance SP sockets.
- Always connect the purple coloured plug to the 'EXT' socket on a Game Boy Advance SP or Game Boy Player, or with the 'EXT. 1' socket on a Game Boy Advance SP respectively.
Additionally, when playing with 3-4 players:
- For players 3-4, connect the purple-coloured cable plug to a Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable connector box.
- For players 3-4, always connect the grey plug with the 'EXT' or 'EXT. 1' socket.
- Switch on all Game Boy Advance SP systems
- Further information can be found in the corresponding game instruction booklets.