See what’s changing in TRIANGLE STRATEGY™ after the demo feedback survey!
TRIANGLE STRATEGY™ Tactician’s Limited Edition, will be released on the same day in Europe, containing a variety of collectible items. Stay tuned for more details about this limited physical bundle.
Debut Demo survey results
In February 2021, a Debut Demo was released for TRIANGLE STRATEGY, giving an early glimpse of the game. Demo players were also invited to share their feedback with the developers in a survey.
The demo was downloaded approximately 1 million times globally as of September 2021, and approximately 250,000 survey responses were shared between February 22nd and March 21st 2021. Thank you to everyone who participated!
The development team took the time to go through each of the responses and are making many adjustments for the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY. Let’s see what’s changing!
A note from the developers
“We’re grateful to have received a lot of responses from people all over the world, and are very glad as developers to have gotten positive feedback and suggestions from each region. We’re working on various improvements for the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY, based on the responses to the survey. Please take a look!” – Yasuaki Arai & Tomoya Asano (Producers)
1) Loading times
- Loading times during events have been reduced and are now approximately 10 seconds shorter in the most notable scenes.
- The aim is to further shorten loading times by launch.
- In the Debut Demo, it was necessary to return to the World Map after seeing an event. In the final version of the game, you will be able to view a series of scenario events in succession, reducing the number of times the player is sent back to the World Map.
- Auto-play and Skip features have been added. Auto-play can be activated during an event with the ZR Button, and events can be skipped with the + Button.
- Conversation logs, an event information review feature and character profiles have been added.
- The cursor speed on the World Map is now faster when selecting events. Additionally, icons for character episodes and side stories have been made easier to distinguish.
3) Battle difficulty
- “Hard" and "Easy" difficulty settings have been added.
4) Battle operation
- Camera controls have been adjusted:
- Degree of zoom in and zoom out can now be adjusted freely
- The camera can now be rotated 90 degrees by quickly tilting the Right Stick
- Camera rotation sensitivity has been adjusted
- By changing commands while hovering the cursor over an enemy within attack range, you can compare and evaluate estimated damage and accuracy rates.
- "Simulation Mode" added, allowing you to check estimated results of actions against enemies outside attack range.
- Weapon type icons are now displayed to easily distinguish an enemy's type and weapons.
- Added a highlight to target lines extending from boss characters with especially powerful attacks.
- Enemy turn orders are displayed when hovering the cursor over them.
- The turn order of units on the map is now shown on the AT Bar as well.
- Location of the command window during battle has been changed to improve visibility.
- More options have been added for screen visibility, effects, and controls.
Other changes and improvements
- Controls for Serenoa during RPG mode have been improved.
- A Button input is now required to enter/leave houses (to prevent entering by mistake).
- Panel colours when selecting a destination have been adjusted.
- Added an icon indicating a successful Back Attack.
- Added a feature to automatically pause and create save data per turn in battles.
- Implemented gameplay tips during loading screens.
- Added a screen during battle preparation to show a list of deployable/non-deployable units.
- Added a feature to display guides about terrain effects during battles.
- Added a feature to allow the button guide information at the bottom of the screen to be hidden.
- Added a feature to show a character’s final destination prior to using an ability that involves character movement.
- Improved the display for buffs, debuffs and the number of turns effects will last on objects.
- Implemented a battle retry feature.
- Button assignments have been adjusted
A note from the developers
“Based on these survey results, users have high expectations for the game’s story, the personalities of the characters, and the system for levelling up and improving characters in tactical strategy games. These are elements you may not have been able to enjoy fully in the Debut Demo.
However, in the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY, you will be able to experience the events leading up to the invasion and what happens after you make specific decisions. The story will branch out in various ways, and many unique characters will enter the story. We hope you’ll look forward to it.
Lastly, our development team was very happy to receive encouraging results about purchase intent from those who responded to the survey!
We will continue to develop the game in an effort to meet your expectations. We appreciate your continued support for TRIANGLE STRATEGY.” – Yasuaki Arai & Tomoya Asano (Producers)
To stay up to date on this tactical RPG, join the Nintendo Switch UK community on Facebook, follow @NintendoUK on Twitter for updates, or visit our official TRIANGLE STRATEGY gamepage. TRIANGLE STRATEGY will be released on Nintendo Switch on March 4th 2022.
All game footage is taken from English version of the game. The game will be available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, with English and Japanese voiceover.