Tell us what you #CompletedOnSwitch in 2018 and you could win £50 Nintendo eShop credit!
To celebrate another year of gaming on Nintendo Switch, and the console’s library exceeding 1000 games, we want to hear about the titles you completed, and the goals you accomplished on the console, during 2018. All you need to do is use the hashtag #CompletedOnSwitch, and you could win £50 Nintendo eShop credit for simply telling us what you’ve been up to!
Perhaps you conquered loads of great indie games such as Celeste, Dead Cells, Into the Breach or Hollow Knight. Maybe you spent the year pushing to X Rank in Splatoon 2’s ranked modes. Or was it a year spent edging your way through a huge adventure like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, OCTOPATH TRAVELER, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, little by little on every morning commute? We simply want to know what you were able to accomplish on your Nintendo Switch in 2018.
You can enter the competition by letting us know what you #CompletedOnSwitch on either Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook. To enter on Twitter and Instagram simply create a tweet or post that includes the hashtag #CompletedOnSwitch, the post can be text, an image, a video, or any combination of the three telling us what achieved and how. On YouTube you’ll need to create a video to describe your endeavours, including the hashtag in the video title and description. On Facebook, you can share your accomplishments with us on this contest post in order to enter.
Of all the entries we receive across all platforms, five winners will be chosen at random to win £50 Nintendo eShop credit so that they can find their next great Nintendo Switch title. An additional five entries will be selected for their quality, be it an inspiring tale or an impressive list, and these five people will be invited to Nintendo UK to feature in a special #CompletedOnSwitch video, alongside getting themselves £50 Nintendo eShop credit.
The competition will close at 23:59 on Thursday 31st January 2019. For full contest terms and conditions, please see below. We’re looking forward to reading what you #CompletedOnSwitch in 2018!
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry is open to residents of Great Britain, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Entrants must be 13 years or over.
3. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The promotion is open from 11:00 GMT on 10th January 2019. Entries close at 23:59 GMT on 31st January 2019.
5. To participate in the promotion, entrants will require access to the internet and will need to register for either a Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook account.
6. Entry is online via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook. In order to take part, entrants must post on either Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, using the hashtag #CompletedOnSwitch, alongside text, an image, or an edited video talking about the entrant’s accomplishments on Nintendo Switch in 2018. To enter on Facebook entrants must respond to the specific post. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route. Entries are limited to one per person. Only a first entry on each unique platform will be accepted. Subsequent entries on an individual platform will be disregarded.
7. Once the promotion closes, five winners will be selected by an independent judge, and five winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received, and notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing. If a winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 48 hours the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.
8. The first five selected winners will receive a £50 Nintendo eShop voucher and be invited to the Nintendo UK offices to film their entry in person. The second five winners will receive a £50 Nintendo eShop voucher.
9. There is no cash or other prize alternatives. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude an entry from the promotion if it considers such entry to be offensive.
11. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
12. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements.
13. Entrants (or entrant's parent or guardian) and participants (or participant’s parent or guardian) of the videos agree to grant Nintendo a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry. Nintendo may use the entries in future promotions including in its marketing materials, on its website, on its social media channels and in any other media from time to time. The Promoter ensures that entrants will not be portrayed in a bad light through the Promoter’s use of the competition entry, but is not limited in the use of the competition entry. Entrants waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, the video clip, advertising copy, video script or printed matter that may be used in connection therewith. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.
15. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.
16. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
17. The name and county of the winner will be made available on written request to the Promoter.
Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.