Be in with a chance of winning over £1,000 worth of Nintendo goodies by showing us your #OnlyOnSwitch moments this winter!
When we asked to see your #OnlyOnSwitch moments earlier this year, we received a huge range of images showing the freedom to play anytime, anywhere, with anyone that Nintendo Switch offers.
From playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in tabletop mode atop Snowdon to using handheld mode for a spot of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild while lounging in the sun, you can check out some of our favourite entries down below, or see a wide selection by clicking here.
However now that the nights are firmly drawn in, and everyone the country over is wearing their warmest wares, we want to see the #OnlyOnSwitch moments you’re enjoying in this more chilled season.
Indulging in a spot of tabletop mode Super Mario Odyssey co-op before pudding arrives? Taking a handheld mode adventure in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® while on that long train journey home? Hosting an impromptu ARMS tournament for family and friends, loud and proud in TV mode? Popping to the café mid-shop to squad-up for a Splatoon 2 Salmon Run session? Whether playing one of the growing number of exclusive games available #OnlyOnSwitch, or enjoying a game in a way that’s possible #OnlyOnSwitch, we want to see what you’re up to and how you’re embracing your freedom to play over the holidays.
Every photo submitted will be put into a random prize draw with a top prize of 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £1,000 Nintendo eShop credit!
A second place runner-up will also receive 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £500 Nintendo eShop credit, a third place runner-up will get themselves £500 Nintendo eShop credit, and a further ten winners will receive £100 Nintendo eShop credit each. There are plenty of chances to win!
All you have to do to enter the random prize draw is share a picture of yourself, or you and others, enjoying an #OnlyOnSwitch moment this winter via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #OnlyOnSwitch before the closing date of Wednesday 10th January 2018. Full terms and conditions are below.
What’s more, alongside the random prize draw the best photos, judged in terms of your photographic skills, will have a chance of being featured in a future Nintendo Switch advert!
For a final bit of inspiration, here are some examples of people enjoying #OnlyOnSwitch moments from our previous summer competition:
We'll be sharing our favourite entries via the Twitter account @NintendoUK during the course of the competition, so all that's left to say is good luck, and happy winter gaming!
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 13 years and over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
4. Entries to the competition will close at 12:00 noon on Wednesday 10th January 2018. Entrants may enter the competition multiple times.
5. Entry is online via Twitter or Instagram. In order to take part, entrants must take a photo of themselves playing Nintendo Switch, share that photo on either Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #OnlyOnSwitch, and include a caption of their choosing. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route.
6. Once the promotion closes, one first place winner, one second place winner, one third place winner, and ten runners up will be randomly selected from all valid entries received, and notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing. If a winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 7 days the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.
7. The first place winner will receive 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £1,000 Nintendo eShop credit. The second place winner will receive 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £500 Nintendo eShop credit. The third place winner will receive £500 Nintendo eShop credit. The ten runner ups will each win £100 Nintendo eShop credit.
8. There is no cash or other prize alternatives. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
9. The best entries, as determined by an independent judge according to which they consider to be the most [creative, original and apt] will have the opportunity to be featured in a Nintendo advertisement. These entrants will be notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing. Prior to being featured in any advertisement, entrants and those people who are identifiable in their entries, will be required to sign a waiver of image rights. Image rights waivers will be required for each person who is identifiable in an entry before it can be featured in any advertisement.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude an entry from the competition if it considers such entry to be offensive, defamatory or if it infringes third-party rights.
11. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit. Entries using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
12. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements.
13. Entrants (or entrant's parent or guardian) agree to grant Nintendo a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry. Nintendo may use the entries in future promotions including in its marketing materials, on its website, on its social media channels and in any other media from time to time. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw
14. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend the competition without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
16. The winners’ nickname and country of residence may be published on the Promoter’s website and/or websites promoting and/or selling the Promoter’s products, YouTube and/or social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
17. The names and county of the winners will be made available on written request to the Promoter.
Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.