Share your #OnlyOnSwitch moment for a chance to be in a Nintendo advert!
Nintendo Switch is a versatile video game console, giving you the freedom to play a range of titles in a vast number of situations anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
From a spot of adventuring while on the train, to split-screen multiplayer over afternoon tea, or even a boredom busting time trial whilst queueing for a roller coaster, we here at Nintendo UK want to celebrate that Nintendo Switch freedom to play by seeing, and sharing, the #OnlyOnSwitch moments you’re all enjoying!
Not only will a number of entries be selected to appear in a future Nintendo Switch advert, but all entries will be put into a random prize draw with the top prize of 4 x Nintendo Switch consoles, 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £1,000 Nintendo eShop credit! Perfect for setting up that competitive Splatoon 2 team…
What’s more, one runner-up will receive 2 x Nintendo Switch consoles and £500 Nintendo eShop credit, while a further five winners will win £400 Nintendo eShop credit each, so there are plenty of chances to win!
All you have to do to enter the random prize draw is share a picture of yourself and others enjoying an #OnlyOnSwitch experience via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag before the closing date of Friday 1st September. Full terms and conditions are below.
But just what is an #OnlyOnSwitch moment? Why, it can be a number of things! Meeting some friends at the coffee shop to enjoy some Splatoon 2 in local multiplayer. An intense evening of competition around the TV with ARMS. Sharing Joy-Con in tabletop mode for a race or five in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while waiting for the rain to stop. A quick handheld mode escape to Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild after clambering to the peak of Mount Snowdon. Whether it’s playing one of the growing number of exclusive games available #OnlyOnSwitch, or enjoying the console in a way that’s possible #OnlyOnSwitch, we want to see just what you’re up to and how you’re enjoying your freedom to play.
Don’t forget that alongside the random prize draw the best photos, judged in terms of your photographic skills, will have a chance of being featured in a future Nintendo Switch advert!
For a final bit of inspiration, here are some examples of people enjoying #OnlyOnSwitch moments as seen in our previous Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tabletop mode contest.
We'll be sharing our favourite entries via the Nintendo UK Twitter account during the course of the competition, so all that's left to say is good luck, and have fun!
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 12 years and over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
4. Entries to the competition will close at 12:00 noon on Friday 1 September 2017. Entrants may enter the competition only once.
5. Entry is online via Twitter or Instagram. In order to take part, entrants must take a photo of themselves playing Nintendo Switch and share that photo on either Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #OnlyOnSwitch and including a caption of their choosing. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route.
6. Once the promotion closes, one first place winner, one second place winner, five runners up will be randomly selected from all valid entries received, and notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing. If a winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 48 hours the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.
7. The first place winner will receive 4 x Nintendo Switch consoles, 4 x Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and £1,000 Nintendo eShop credit. The second place winner will receive 2 x Nintendo Switch consoles and £500 Nintendo eShop credit. The five runner ups will each win £400 Nintendo eShop credit.
8. Additional entries will be selected to potentially be featured in a Nintendo advertisement, these entries will be chosen by an independent judge according to which entries are considered to be the most creative, original and apt. These entrants will be notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing.
9. There is no cash or other prize alternatives. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude an entry from the competition if it considers such entry to be offensive, defamatory or if it infringes third-party rights.
11. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit. Entries using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
12. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements.
13. Entrants (or entrant's parent or guardian) agree to grant Nintendo a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry. Nintendo may use the entries in future promotions including in its marketing materials, on its website, on its social media channels and in any other media from time to time. . The Promoter ensures that entrants will not be portrayed in a bad light through the Promoter’s use of the competition entry, but is not limited in the use of the competition entry. Entrants waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, the video clip, advertising copy, video script or printed matter that may be used in connection therewith. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw
14. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend the competition without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
16. The winners’ nickname and country of residence may be published on the Promoter’s website and/or websites promoting and/or selling the Promoter’s products, YouTube and/or social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
17. The names and county of the winners will be made available on written request to the Promoter.
Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.