Star Fox Zero Ace Pilot Competition
UPDATE - 8th June 2016
With less than a week to go until the end of our #AcePilot competition we've rounded up the current top ten scores from everyone's #AcePilot submissions for a timely round of applause. Remember that all entrants that conquer the #AcePilot challenge will be immortalised here on Nintendo.co.uk after the competition ends so if you're yet to post your score of more than 3000 hits and claim that personalised certificate, there's still time!
1. JKArgick - 4470 Hits
2. Ridley126 - 4455 Hits
3. SupaGoGoMan - 4324 Hits
4. Sil_Dragonfly - 3700 Hits
5. GiorgioParmanir - 3211 Hits
6. Darkamlight - 3175 Hits
7. AledJLIThomas - 3090 Hits
8. UndaKuva_ - 3087 Hits
9. Gooner_Paul - 3037 Hits
10. StageRandom - 3026 Hits
UPDATE - 2nd JUNE 2016
The list of UK Star Fox Zero ace pilots is growing by the day as you share your qualifying scores with us via Twitter and we’d like to congratulate those who have already made the grade.
While everyone that beats the Total Personal Best of 3000 hits across all stages will receive a personalised, foil embossed certificate, the first 25 ace pilots that prove their ability will have their certificate signed by Star Fox Zero’s supervising director, Shigeru Miyamoto! For full details of how to be in with a chance of winning a signed certificate, simply follow the rules as detailed in the original article below…
Star Fox Zero on Wii U is, at its heart, an arcade game with missions designed to be replayed and mastered in the pursuit of optimum speed-runs and high scores. To celebrate this fact we’re setting a challenge for all UK pilots as we go in search of the UK’s number one Star Fox Zero Ace Pilot!
The challenge? We want you to beat a Total Personal Best of 3000 hits across all of Star Fox Zero’s missions.
Every UK pilot that manages to beat this score and submit their pictorial proof via Twitter, using the hashtags #StarFoxZero and #AcePilot, before 12th June 2016 will receive a limited edition certificate and have their name immortalised here on Nintendo.co.uk!
The pilot with the highest overall score will claim both this certificate and a Star Fox Zero prize pack including…
- Star Fox Zero canvas print
- Fox amiibo
- Falco amiibo
- Star Fox Zero Collector’s Edition Prima Strategy Guide
- Star Fox Zero T-Shirt
You’ll need to master the Arwing, the Landmaster and everything in-between to beat this score so we’ve put together a few pointers below to help get you on the right flight path. Other than that, well, good luck!
Tip 1 – Unlock every stage, explore every path
Before you’ll be able to beat the target of 3000 hits you’ll need to unlock every mission! This means working out the routes to those teleporters, chasing those pesky members of Team Star Wolf when they appear and generally picking stages apart until you’re confident you know where the best hit opportunities lie.
Tip 2 – Shoot everything
While the enemies shooting at you pose the obvious threat have you tried shooting, as an example, the Andross face that adorns the front of the long ship that appear in Sector Alpha, the Dorisbys? Or the debris chucking Garuda that lurks outside the second phase of the Corneria mission? There are lots of additional hits to be found throughout stages so it pays to try your lasers on everything at least once.
Tip 3 – Earn your +1 Hits
Did you know that you earn additional hits if enemies are eliminated in the ‘splash damage’ of your charge shot? As an example, if you were to lock on and shoot the enemy in the middle of a line of three the enemies to its left and right would be taken out by ‘splash damage’ and award you a bonus hit each. Additionally, take down a ‘crashing’ foe with your lasers and you’ll earn another one hit! Suddenly that group of three enemies goes from three hits to eight, and that’s before you consider holding the L Button to disable your lock-on and destroy groups of ships from splash damage alone…
Tip 4 – Medals and scores aren’t mutually exclusive
If you’re chasing a high score then you don’t need to collect medals. Perhaps an odd tip to give, but one worth remembering. A precise trigger finger should be your primary concern, don’t let those shiny gold rings distract you from your goal!
Tip 5 – Practise makes perfect
You won’t be setting ground-breaking scores on your first attempt, so don’t lose heart! Sometimes speed is the key to earning additional hits (for example, disabling Granby in the mission ‘Reunited With a Friend’ with speed will earn you a massive +30 hits), and mission familiarity will ensure you can intercept challenges quickly, and often be rewarded for it. Give it your all, and you will find success.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Entrants must be 13 years or over.
3. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Entries close at 23:59 on 12 June 2016.
5. To participate in the promotion, entrants will require access to the internet and will need to register for a Twitter account.
6. Entry is online via Twitter. To enter, entrants should upload from their console a photo of the stage select screen from [Star Fox Zero] showing their scores for each stage, using the hashtags #StarFoxZero and #AcePilot. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route. Entrants are free to enter the promotion as many times as they want.
7. The overall winner will be the person with the highest overall total number of hits, as shown on the uploaded photo. The winner will be notified through Twitter within 14 days of the promotion closing. If the winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 28 days the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.
8. There is no cash or other prize alternatives. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
10. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements.
11. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.
12. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
13. The name and county of the winner will be made available on written request to the Promoter.
Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.