Unscrupulous traders continue to offer counterfeit copies of Nintendo hardware. For example, Nintendo has identified counterfeit versions of:
- Nintendo DS Lite handheld systems
- Wii Remote controllers
- Nunchuk controllers
- Nintendo DS console shells/cases
Hints for consumers to spot counterfeit hardware:
- The origin of the product may be China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or South East Asia. These are territories where a substantial number of counterfeits have previously been identified.
- The pricing is often well below the average wholesale or retail prices. If “it seems too good to be true” – it probably is
- It may be missing packaging or manuals
- The printing on the packaging is blurred, faded, discoloured or of poor quality
- Claims to be a refurbished product when it is not
A further list of tips can be found under the How to Detect section.
If you suspect that you are being offered counterfeit hardware then please contact: email@example.com.