If you have a Wii Remote that was synced and working, but now only the LED lights flash and then go off, try the following:
- Turn the Wii console on and wait until the "Health & Safety" screen appears (don't press A).
- Open the SD Card slot cover on the front of the Wii console and press and hold the red SYNC button for 15 seconds. This will clear all synced Wii Remotes from the console.
- Resync the Wii Remote by removing the battery cover and pressing the red 'SYNC' button. Then press the SYNC button on the Wii console. Do this for all Wii Remotes you wish to use and test for proper response.
- If the steps above do not work, remove the batteries of the Wii Remote and leave them out for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Reinsert the batteries and sync the Wii Remote again. Test for proper response.
If after removing the batteries for several minutes, and resyncing the Wii Remote, you're still unable to get the Wii Remotes to work, try syncing another Wii Remote if available.
- If another Wii Remote works, then your previous Wii Remote will need to be repaired. Please click here to get in contact with our Consumer Support department
- If multiple Wii Remotes do not work, or you only have one Wii Remote, a repair of the Wii console is necessary. Please contact Nintendo Consumer Service for more information. (In order to ensure the problem is resolved quickly and correctly, please be sure to send in your Wii console, Wii Remote(s), and Sensor Bar).