The Parental Controls setting allows you to manage what Nintendo DSi-exclusive and Nintendo DSi-compatible content is accessible to the console users. During the initial setup, you will be asked whether you wish to set up Parental Controls. You can also adjust Parental Controls at any time via System Settings.
Follow these steps to set up Parental Controls:
- Open the System Settings software from the Nintendo DSi (XL) Menu.
- Select Parental Controls and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose a PIN code to ensure that your child cannot change your chosen settings. You will be asked to enter the PIN twice to confirm.
- Select a secret question and answer in case you forget your PIN. This can used to retrieve access to Parental Controls if you forget your PIN.
- Using the left / right arrows, scroll to the game rating icon for the highest-rated video game content that's suitable for viewing on the system. Tap "OK" to continue.
- The system will take you through a number of questions, where you'll choose which features to restrict. Select "Yes" to block the feature or "No" to allow it. Select "OK" to move to the next setting.
- Once you have completed all settings, a prompt will appear to ask if you wish to save Parental Controls settings. Select "Yes". You will be returned to the System Settings menu.
If you wish to change your settings at any time, please enter Parental Controls via System Settings. You will need to enter the PIN code to access the Parental Controls software after it has been set up. From the Parental Controls front screen you can adjust settings, change your PIN, secret question and secret answer, or clear Parental Controls settings entirely.
Click here to find out what can be restricted with Parental Controls.